It is important for employers to monitor the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak and implement strategies to protect their workforce while ensuring continuity of operations whenever possible. This page contains links to a variety of resources provided by the State of Illinois, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Illinois Department of Public Health, Sangamon County Department of Public Health, U.S. Small Business Administration and others.
Enforcement of Mask Wearing
- Restore Illinois Update - COVID-19 Mitigation Plan - 7.15.20
- Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity
- Regional COVID-19 Metrics (resurgence criteria)
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Illinois Department of Human Rights
- Governor's Executive Order in Response to COVID-19
- Governor's Executive Order Effective May 1
Restaurant and Bar supplemental documents for outdoor dining and parklet information.
- Supplemental Outdoor Dining Guidelines
- Application for Outdoor Dining
- Central Business District Guidelines and Application
- Sample of Parklets
- Application for Public Right of Way Permits
- Jersey Barriers for Outdoor Dining
- Business Sign (for store that is an essential business)
- Business Sign (for an essential business that is not a store)
- Social Distancing Policies
- Any questions, call the COVID-19 hotline a 217-321-2606. Calls are answered by health dept officials Monday - Friday: 8am - 4:30pm
- Recommendation Regarding the Use of Cloth Face Coverings
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- The CDC offers information on how Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) spreads, symptoms, prevention and treatment, and what to do if you are sick, and frequently asked questions, including printable fliers.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Risk Assessment and Public Health Management Decision Making (CDC)
- Assess an individual’s risk with this flow chart from the CDC.
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- Interim Recommendations For Facilities With Suspected/Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Communication Resources
- COVID-19 Safety and Health Standards, Control & Prevention
- An overview of information for workers and employers about the evolving coronavirus outbreak. Includes links to OSHA standards, control and prevention, by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Guidance For Employers
- How to plan and respond to the COVID-19 outbreak
- Workplace Tips
- Tips and resources for employees to combat the virus.
- Combating the Coronavirus
- Resources and guidelines for business
- The U.S. Department of Labor has provided information for employers on the new federal law regarding paid sick leave and expanded FMLA due to COVID-19. The new federal law applies to employers of 500 employees and less.