“Strengthening Our Community One Leader at a Time”
MissionThe purpose of Leadership Springfield is to identify, motivate and professionally develop emerging leaders from a cross-section of the community and to help them develop their potential for community leadership by exposing them to the realities, opportunities and challenges of our community. Leadership Springfield seeks to:
- Identify and select highly motivates, emerging leaders in business, government, not-for-profit organization and the community in general;
- Systematically educate and challenge our participants as to the needs and opportunities of the community and the dynamics of social and economic change;
- Develop a sense of enthusiasm and an increased level of commitment and participation on the part of our participants in their community;
- Provide training in leadership skills which will translate into improved social, business and economic conditions;
- Provide an opportunity for our participants to utilize their skills in the community and in their professional lives.
What is Leadership Springfield?Leadership Springfield (LS) is a program that aims to develop, strengthen, train, and equip local professionals to benefit the Springfield community. Established in 1986 by The Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce and the Junior League of Springfield, LS is an eight-month series of seminars during which participants gain leadership skills and in-depth exposure to critical issues affecting the Springfield area. During the program, participants interact with community leaders and decision makers who share diverse perspectives on significant accomplishments and opportunities within the Springfield community.
LS is the leading community leadership development organization in the Central Illinois area. The eight month program is designed to cultivate and engage emerging and existing leaders to work collaboratively for the benefit of the Springfield area. The curriculum examines critical issues that impact the region’s numerous and diverse neighbors. During the program, participants expand their leadership skills while gaining a greater commitment to the community.
What are the benefits of participating in Leadership Springfield?As a community-based leadership development program, it benefits both the participants and the Springfield community. There are numerous benefits associated with selection as a Leadership Springfield participant, which include, but are not limited to:
- Increased exposure to individuals, businesses, and interests
- Leadership and character skill-building
- Workforce and educational development
- In-depth look at issues impacting Springfield
- Valuable networking opportunities
- Opportunity to engage in meaningful civic projects
- Chance to be a part of a program that’s dedicated to improving our community